Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ocean part is almost done

It didn't take long to almost complete ocean part. I smeared the mid section with burnt umber unintentionally, which I need to come back and overpaint after it half-dried. Since it was already covered by approximate values, I didn't have to put  much paint to get desired texture of water surface. I just scumbled over.
However, the front table rock's texture is still not what I want. I'll come back later again after finishing up the trees next. It's getting closer to finish this but it's quite obvious I can't finish this by the end of this month. But, so be it.

Before painting the North Edge above, I drove up to the summit of Snoqualmie in the morning and snowshoed up to Hyak Lake again.  The last third was tougher since nobody walked up to the lake before me this morning. About a foot or more new snow covered the trail. I lost it but simply followed the general direction toward the lake. There was a little sun break when I arrived at the lake as in the photo but very short window. It started snowing after that moment. I enhanced contrast of the photo with GIMP to be able to show my trail. I want to paint the lake from one of photos I took from last a couple of visits. It would be monotone but it's worth trying. I haven't painted a snowscape quite a while.

No comments: