Saturday, May 10, 2008

13th Annual Greenwood Phinney ArtWalk

Even though I couldn't be a part of this artwalk in the North Seattle neighborhood as an artist, I got more of it by browsing a quarter of 72 venues today, which I wouldn't be able to do if I was showing my pieces. Each venue was local business along Greenwood Ave N and Phinney Ave N, from a salon, bookstore, yarn shop, restaurant to a church. Half of artists was juried participants and the other half was resident artists. The media was from photography, oil, acrylic, bronze to pottery and knit/sawing. One thing in common among those was contemporary. Now I understand why I couldn't make it.

I definitely enjoyed the artwalk. But I'm not sure if I would try again to be a part of it next year. Two photos below are some of shows that I liked.
Jennifer Phillips : oil

Ron Schmitt & Ric Hall (collaboration) : pastel

No comments: