Friday, November 12, 2010

New Snowscape Piece

I came up some idea for next two pieces, one landscape and one horse painting. This is the sketch I did tonight for the snowscape. I drove up to Grand Coulee, WA, last winter and took a bunch of photos. This is one of them. I didn't paint there even though I loaded up my painting stuff in the back of my car. So this would break my recent policy for landscape - paint on-site first then make a studio painting. But I felt that's ok after joining Ned Mueller's workshops twice.

If you can see what I'm intending to paint based on this rough drawing, congratulations! You're very skilled and experienced. This place is on top of the plateau, a little east from the big falls of Grand Coulee.Not so many difficult and/or complicated shapes. But it would be all about colors of snow and the rocks peaking out.

No comments: