Saturday, November 13, 2010

Drawing for new horse painting

  After came back from a party hosted by a fellow artist at Alki Arts, I did this drawing tonight. I didn't comment anything about Alki Arts before, where I became an commissioned artist a couple of weeks ago. But I brought in only three pieces and Diane, owner/director of the gallery, put them in the back room for now. Until she decides when and how to show my pieces in the front room to public, they're just providing me some storage space for those pieces. That's why I didn't write anything about it before. I'll report it officially once the time comes.

  Back to this drawing....I took this photo in Spring along SR-10 between Cle Elum and Ellensburg, WA. There was a horse ranch on north side of the road. The tanker behind the horses was completely rusted and provided interesting color variations to this composition's background. I need to spend some more time to adjust the shapes of horses. Unlike the landscape piece, horse shapes have to anatomically sound.

No comments: