Saturday, March 7, 2009
Last Update of "East of the Mountains"
I was working on the sagebrush in the middle as well as dried grass in the foreground. I made the sagebrush darker first then painted brighter part over it with much thicker layers. To make this painting interesting, the grass needed to be much brighter than the previous layer. Now it's standing out. The rest would be the sagebrush on the right. Then I'll put barbed wires by trying not to ruin the entire painting. I'll probably finish this next week. Then I want to move on to the next landscape painting. I'm thinking the Wenatchee painting I did last fall right now. I might change my mind though.