Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Update of the class
The first photo is the outcome of this week's class. Last week, I changed two primary colors and created another set of swatches with Arizarin Crimson, Cobalt Blue, and Yellow Ochre. I used this new palette this week. As you can see in the first photo, we brought a black&white photo to paint from. Not only to focus on values, we are also considering color scheme of the painting, like two complimentallty colors, monotone, or sprit-complimentally colors. I'm trying to "split" green or yellow-green. But it's hard to make yellow green with these primary colors I've chosen. At this moment, I'm just focusing on values. Once I filled all areas I'll think the next step. We'll continue this painting next and last two weeks.