Sunday, October 19, 2014

Painting near Lake Wenatchee Again

I went to Lake Wenatchee again today. This time I rode around upper Little Wenatchee River and Fish Lake, but set up my easel on the bridge over Wenatchee River, just starting off from Lake Wenatchee.

Clouds were thick at the beginning then Sun started peeking through, and it was sunny at the end. So the light changes fooled me and, as the result, the part of brush where sun light didn't directly hit was too light, losing contrast with the directly-lit part. Background forest's value is about right. Just doesn't have enough contrast between the top part and the bottom part, which was quite dark.

Even when I was painting, I didn't like the color of river water. I should have spent more time to get proper colors/values.

No comments: