Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tim Deibler Workshop - Day3

Last day of this workshop: We painted totally 3 scenes (the first one was severely damaged during transportation). I guess I failed the second one (ocean waves) but the last one was done in 40 min after watching at how Tim did in the demo. You might not be able to see other than the damaged part at the center, but it's quite thick. I started with shadows on the mountains then finished the snow mountains before touching any other part. So that I didn't have to worry about contaminated snow white, which how Tim did in the demo. I tried copying exactly how he did in 15-20 min, except his brush strokes in the foreground, which I need to take more practices.

The bottom line is if you want to finish a piece quickly, you have to put thicker paint on top of the below layer. Means the brush barely touches the surface while you're put the brush down on. But only the paint on the brush touches it. That's the main things I've leaned and, more importantly, experienced.

No comments: