Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Seascape Series Continues

As soon as I finished, or before putting the last/after minute touches to North Edge, I started stretching/gessoing canvas for the next landscape painting. I'll continue painting seascapes and this one is Burrows Bay, which I originally painted on site in last September (see blog on Sep 17, 2012). The bay is on the opposite side of Fidalgo Island from Anacortes, facing Strait of Juan de Fuca. I wanted to make a little bigger painting than I regularly paint recently. 22"x30". The first stage, drawing, is the most difficult and critical of painting in bigger format. I'm spending a little longer time to draw to make sure everything is in the right place. Because I want to try different combination of colors and more bold brush strokes this time. I don't want to get bogged down by wrong shapes once I finished drawing and want to put my focus on colors&strokes.

No comments: