Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ned Mueller's workshop


Ok, I did it again. This time it was hosted at Rockwater Art Center in Poulsbo, WA, Fri-Sun. Totally 7 students attended to his 3 day workshop. As usual (like last time) landscape with and without figures and portrait were subject matters. The Photo above left, I started drawing then painting the face but he took over and mostly finished. The one above right is however all by myself. I still couldn't determine the right value relationship for the areas. Also brushstroke was the problem.

The next two photos below was the most interesting part and what I've learned through this workshop. The photo on the left is a little unfocused but still can show what I've done myself on the second day. I think I got values mostly right. Including shapes and colors. Then on the last day after his demo, I asked him how he would finish this piece. The result is on the right. He enhanced color of the cow in the center and put clear shapes of ears, eye and nostril. He also touched the foreground and added more colors and brushstrokes. This is something I wanted to steal from him. As you can see, although not much big changes were made, the right side is more "completed". Right? I'll try applying this to "Family Time" :)
 

No comments: