Sunday, September 5, 2010

I thought it was a lifetime

 Today I went to Utrecht to get 4 pairs of 11" and 14" standard stretcher bars. I already ordered 2 dozens of 9" ones online. I'm waiting the arrival. I need to make about 10 relatively small stretched canvas in various sizes for the upcoming Jim Lamb's plein air workshop in two weeks. Then I was stretching canvas tonight and I broke the plier. I thought it would last at least for my lifetime. Apparently I kept over-squeezing it last  7 years. I bought it at Daniel Smith almost as soon as I started painting in oil back in 2003.
  I'll get a different kind, like the one coming with rubber teeth. It would be around $30. I wouldn't spend more than $100 (Holbein one costs $130. I'm assuming it's "made-in-Japan"). Otherwise I would buy just a regular plier at a Home Depot for $20 or less.

No comments: