Sunday, July 27, 2014

Rachel Lake Hiking

Since last week I hiked a wrong trail, I went back again and found the official Rachel Lake trail #1313 trailhead and hiked up. It took me about 3 hours to get to the lake and took a little more than 2 hours to come down. The trail actually continues to Rampart Ridge from there but it was already 2PM so I decided to go down. The trail was along a creek so I enjoyed view of many water falls. No wonder why this trail is so popular. I saw many people along the trail.

At the end when I came down to the trailhead, I saw a chipmunk stayed still on the road. I took a couple of shots with my Nikon P520. The clear/close shot like below was not possible until I got this camera, which has x42 zoom. Looks like it found food a camper or hiker left behind.

No comments: