Saturday, June 9, 2012

Jim Lamb Workshop Day1

Yesterday(Friday) I took a day off at the office and took care of some stuff and rode off to Whidbey Island via Skagit Valley. It was very nice evening although I was caught by a heavy shower on I-5, which caused me to get off the hwy near Stanwood earlier than I planned. I took some good photos at Skagit Valley before got to my motel in Oak Harbor. Then I rode into Langley early morning for Jim Lamb's workshop. Since weather was nicer than we expected, we went outside for en plein air. The photo above is my outcome at Useless Bay. It was mid afternoon and low tide. Sand beach got much bigger by the time and showed interesting shape. I didn't miss that and painted it. I think I got the values right especially the Kitsap Peninsula and sky&clouds above it. I need to take some more practice to make sand colors though.

No comments: