Monday, June 27, 2011

Changing the direction

Based on what I experienced and leaned in Jim Lamb's workshop over the weekend, I decided changing the way I paint. More specifically the process especially at earlier stages. On the way back from Bainbridge on Sat, I stopped by a hardware shop in Poulsbo to get two cheep (less than a dollar each) house painting brushes (1/2" and 1-1/2"). I used those tonight to fill up each mass shapes in the background other than cows with much closer values to the final ones. Determining the values on the field is tough because the color/value of grass is quite different from the grounds. So I still couldn't determine the value of the long shadow strips cast on the ground.
 But the color/value of trees in background as well as sky's are almost final ones.

This process change would affect not only to the process itself but would also affect to the final outcome. I'm almost sure. I'm going to try the same way on the cows next. 

No comments: