Sunday, February 6, 2011

Jim Lamb Workshop is over

I came back from the workshop on Whidbey Island this evening. This particular workshop was quite fruitful and got a lot of ideas how to proceed with my painting career. Great thanks to Jim for the useful and insightful advises. I can see easily that I would be painting based on the principles I've learned through the workshop in very near future.

Below is a photo for the outcome of Day 2 and Day 3. I finished one piece every day. They are 12"x9" and 11"x14" respectively. What Jim repeatedly instructed me was to connect shadow shapes at the beginning of painting and keep it until the end. It works! Then push them further toward warmer side or cooler side as needed. As the result, even each shape in either painting may not so realistic, the overall of the painting has captured the atmosphere of the subjects, which appeals to viewers.

No comments: