Saturday, February 5, 2011

Jim Lamb Workshop - Day1

Since Friday, I've been attending Jim Lamb Workshop at Whidbey Island Fine Art Studio now. Yesterday was the Day 1.  Day 1 is always difficult at any workshops. Because I need to understand what the instructor is intending to convey through his/her first demonstration and to follow the guideline I got then to put it on the canvas. This is 9"x12", which is very small compared to the format I regularly paint on. Even though it's inside of the studio, I've been feeling like I'm doing plein air. Jim advised me a couple of times, starting from the composition of this painting, color/value contrast between the bright yellow green and dark front ground, then values on the background.  He fixed many part of this painting. Especially the advise how to treat the background tree area was quite useful.

No comments: