Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New Vase Arrived

I came home today from work to find a box sitting on my front porch. I ordered this vase a couple weeks ago. I was looking for one to paint a still-life from for a commission piece. When I saw this at a web site, I liked the simplicity in shape and mild colors of "Ume" tree on it. I knew it'd be difficult to paint the fine cracks on the surface (you might not be able to see them even if you enlarge the pic) but I thought I might just ignore them.
I'll gather some more objects to paint with, likely flowers and fruits or vegetables, before start working on the piece (remember I'm working on three pieces now). Unlike my regular subjects, I need to sketch and paint quickly before flowers, fruits and veggies are getting discolored or out-of-shape.

No comments: