Saturday, August 23, 2008

Along SH-10

I got up earlier this morning and drove my CR-V toward east on I-90. I was thinking painting Yakima River near Ellensburg on south side of the hwy. But I couldn't find any access road to get close to the river. However, that defeated feeling opened up an opportunity to browse the opposite side of the hwy. And by quite an accident, I found SH-10 along the river was a scenic road only 16 mile stretch connecting US-97 and SH-970 between Cle Elum and Ellensburg. I loved the scenery! Unfortunately I forgot my Fuji digital camera to take shots. But I painted there anyway.

Last time, when I painted at south of St. Helens, I forgot to put any red tubes in my french easel. This time, I brought permanent red, transparent iron exide, and arizarin crimson. But I didn't have to use much of those. I picked a spot I could see distinctive desert hills behing young and old sage brushes. I liked the color of young sage brush. I probably didn't capture it well in this painting. But I promised myself I would come back there to paint again.

No comments: